Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Situation Momedy: A Very Special Episode in Toddlerdom by Jenna Van Oy | A Book Review

 Situation Momedy: A Very Special Episode in Toddlerdom  by Jenna Van Oy | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm!

I got this book from Library Thing.  I signed up for this because the word "Momedy" got me at first glance. I wanted to read something hilarious.

This book is about Jenna Van Oy's real life experiences raising two toddlers. Her story is a riot. I am not a mom yet, but I can relate to her stories because I have three nephews and one niece and I have seen them grow up. I used to live with my two nephews so I have first-hand experiences to some or most of the author's adventures and misadventures with manipulating yet cute toddlers. What I specially remember was how sweet, funny and cute they were. Especially Kuya, the eldest of my nephews. He would pick flowers growing outside the church and give them to us girls--my mom, his mom, me and another lady who happens to sit on the same row with us. The lady was so surprised when she got the flower. We explained to her that he gives flowers to all girls. Isn't he the sweetest?

I really enjoyed this book and has learned a lot from it. I am confident that I would be able to use the advice from the author on how to raise kids, especially toddlers in a way as to help them discover things on their own yet guide them to become persons of good character. What I like about this book is it's not claiming to be an absolute or the correct way to raise kids. In fact, the author encourages every parent to raise their kids the best way they know they can.What this book aims is to help parents realize that they are not alone in their struggle in raising their kids to be good and productive future citizens. The author also reminds every parent to find humor in all the unlikely situations with their little devils. Treasure these moments for time flies fast and then they will soon be on their own. Toddlerdom is the best of the formative years of these young ones. The best time to inculcate values and shape their characters. The best time to be involved in their growth.

I give this book 4/5 diapers. This is the funniest and most engrossing self-help book I have ever read and I am not even the direct market for this book as I don't have kids yet. I am looking forward to reading the rest of Jenna Van Oy's books. Her humor is just so natural and putting them into writing just translates smoothly. The humor was not lost in translation.  


My kids tend to be the problem and the solution to my rough days. They're the cause of my chaos as well as the cure. Isn't that wonderfully oxymoronic?
- Jenna Van Oy, Situation Momedy: A Very Special Episode in Toddlerdom - 

No comments:

Post a Comment