Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Hale and Gemini (Alder Tales #3) by RS McCoy | ARC | A Book Review




It's live ! RS McCoy's third installment of the Alder Tales is finally out. Congratulations RS McCoy!

This is a re-imagining of the story of Hansel and Gretel. In this case, they are not siblings but rather friends - childhood friends who grew up together.

I have waited for this book to come out. The story just keeps getting better and better-more interesting, more engrossing and more surprising. I just love the surprises that came with this book. Things are looking really really good. Everything seems to be hopeful. But like all good things, they get worse before they get better. My favorite characters in this story had to go through pain, heartbreak and sorrow before they finally find the reason behind what fate had given them. And in the end, it all worked out for the best. Of the three books, this is probably the most hopeful, things are looking up and getting brighter for the Franes. But then again, classic RS McCoy leaves the readers open-mouthed and tongue-tied because something unexpected happened before this book closes. And that makes the readers even more addicted to this story.

Hale and Gemini (Alder Tales #3) by RS McCoy | ARC | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm!


Let's talk about Hale and Gemini. Hale is Blossom's third older brother and Gemini is Blossom's best friend. Hale used to comb and plait Gemini's hair when they were younger since Hale is Blossom's default bodyguard. He goes where Blossom and Gemini are. And since Blossom and Gemini are inseparable, Gemini sort of became Hale's adopted little sister. But that kind of relationship changed when they left the Alder forest to runaway from their pains and the reminders of these pains. Unexpectedly, these two were thrown together and in turn formed a bond that is different from what they had. A far stronger bond. Gemini became Hale's companion and the only person who understood what he was going through. And Hale, promised to protect and keep Gemini safe from all that threatened to take her away or harm her.

This book is more than what I was hoping for. It gave me more than I wanted and turned the story into a very fascinating adventure and quest for purpose. Each character started with a mission to find what other purpose s/he has to fulfill in life. Why s/he was given this specific lot and why not the other way around? As the story came to an end, they were answered. At this point in the story, everyone seemed to have found their place and things have sort of fallen into place. Which in truth what every reader expects or wishes for every story but in this case, you never see it coming. I never expected that things will be resolved because the story is far from over. And I understand, because some other issues took their place. New hurdles are to be overcome. This is good news because there is definitely another book. I hope this story does not end with the next book. I think two or three more books will do.

I give this book 5/5 tattoos of trees. I just love how this story is unraveling and progressing. I have no complaints. It is far more than I could ever imagine it to be. I am looking forward to the next three books of this series. Please... RS McCoy let there be more of this series. I am so privileged to have read this series from the start and I am hoping that I would be able to see this through to the end. I will make sure of it. Thank you so much RS McCoy for the ARC. Again, Congratulations! This is absolutely fantastic!



His life was nothing more than the rubble after an earthquake. Each piece was recognizable as something it had been before, but every facet of him was shattered.


No comments:

Post a Comment