Monday, June 19, 2017

Queen of the Dawn (Stella and Sol #4) by Kimberly Loth | ARC | A Book Review

Queen of the Dawn (Stella and Sol #4) by Kimberly Loth | ARC | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm!

This is the finale of the Stella and Sol series. It's incredible to finish a series within a year or within six months after the first book came out. Just like this series. I can still remember when I first got the first book-God of the Sun. It felt like it was just yesterday and now the series ends. It's a mixture of emotions. It's sad to say goodbye to the characters I have grown to love and root for and to their story. At the same time, it is a relief to finally have all their trials come to an end. That finally, the characters will have peace and live happily ever after. After all, they deserved it. With all the horrors, heartaches, betrayal and pains they have to live through. 

I don't know how the author did it. Coming up with four books, one after the other in less than a year. And most amazing of all is the creativity and the beauty of the story. No, this series felt like it took effort, strength and may be even pains for the author to write and finish. This did not in any way felt rush or was done on a whim. This was done with a well-planned out plot and thought-over characters with personalities unlike in any other stories. Being able to publish these four books like a month after the other was a feat the author did with great success. I can't wait for the next series and adventure I will embark on with Kimberly Loth at the helm.

This is a great ending to a very endearing story and set of characters. I can't think of any other fitting ending. All the bows were neatly tied and issues were resolved. I can have a good sleep knowing that I won't have to worry over Zwaantie and her friends anymore since danger is past and they don't have to fear for their lives. The kingdom is back to the way it should be and everyone, both citizens of Stella and Sol, are all happy with their new life. All is looking good and the future is bright and sunny.

I liked the King of the Stars better than this one. For the reason that it was more intense and I had a hard time getting over the events in that book. Add to that the cliffhanger ending that surprised me out of my wits. It was the most memorable scene in this whole series for me. Until now, I am still unable to believe that it happened. So, if I were asked, the best book of the series for me is definitely the King of the Stars. I guess, I was expecting a punch a lot stronger than the one in book three, but the surprises and revelations in Queen of the Dawn I think, paled a little (just a little) in comparison. I am thankful that the story ended so well. 

I give this 4.5/5 queen's crowns. It is an honor to be part of this story from start to finish. It's nostalgic yet exhilarating to witness the growth and transformation of the characters as the story progressed. I felt like I was a citizen of Stella and Sol fully invested in all the events happening between the two kingdoms. Being part of Zwaantie's journey from a strong-willed teenager to a queen responsible for the lives of two kingdoms was truly an experience that would stay with me. Fare thee well, Zwaantie, Sage, Leo and the rest of Stella and Sol. I am sure, I will visit you again. 



Thank you again, Kimberly Loth, for this wonderful story. I am so privileged to have read this great and extraordinary series with strong and beautiful characters. I hope you continue to come up with unique and amazing stories because you definitely have a great talent in creating new worlds of wonder and adventure that bring relief, if not temporary, to this mundane living. Your stories also issue a challenge, just like your characters. A challenge to see life in a different perspective. To see examine things in another angle to better understand them and in turn accept and learn from them. Your stories are full of real life lessons and scenarios, that is probably why I can mostly relate to your characters. More power to you!

Anger was a thousand times better than grief.
- Kimberly Loth, Queen of the Dawn -


No comments:

Post a Comment