Thursday, November 3, 2016

Skye (The Dragon Kings #4) by Kimberly Loth | ARC | A Book Review

Skye (The Dragon Kings #4) by Kimberly Loth Book Review

I got this ARC from the author. It's an advantage being subscribed to the author's newsletter. You get freebies and hear first of their books and stories. Thank you again Kimberly Loth for giving me a copy of Skye.

Skye is the fourth book of The Dragon Kings series. I have not read the first three books though I planned to read them first but I didn't have a lot of time in my hands to do that. So, against my will and nature, I normally read books in a series chronologically, I went ahead and read book four. I will just go back to those three books later. And without any regret, it was a good decision to just jumped into Skye. It was an amazing adventure. I'm looking forward to more.

Skye is a dragon who can assume a human form. She is part sea dragon and royal. There is a prophecy that there will be three Kings and a great war. A king dragon always has black scales. So far, there had been two king dragons that they know. But no one knows who the third king is except Skye. She has to try to keep that secret for a while and find the oldest dragon who can help her explain the prophecy. 

This is probably the one of most captivating and the best book I have read for the month of October. I did not expect this was how the story would go. I totally dig it. I thought this was like all the other dragon stories but I was wrong. Now, I can't wait to read all the other three books that came before this one. I'm curious what the three books would be like. So far, I know that each book is a story of each of the other characters of this great adventure. I am dying to know their own stories. I will undoubtedly find time to read those three books this November. 

I give this book 5/5 fierce black dragons. I was so riveted to the story. I love Skye's story and how Rowan became a part of it. I don't know what else to say. I had an amazing time in this adventure and I am giddy for more. What more can I say? I am afraid to say more because I might just blabber on and spoil it. All I know is I had a really great time. Like one of those unbelievable vacations I had and I am just too damn happy I can't describe how I feel. And I don't want to talk about it yet because I want to embrace and bottle up those wonderful memories to myself. I want to relive them over and over and over again until I exhaust myself. Afraid that if I spill them out to anyone they will lose their magic and diminish that satisfying feeling they were giving me. This is what it felt like with this book. You will have to experience it to know what I am saying. I highly recommend that everyone should read this. I too thought I would not enjoy this but I was mistaken. It absolutely surprised me and was just too happy that I got to read this book. 



But my birthdays are more like the daisies that grow alongside the roses. Ignored.
- Kimberly Loth, Skye - 



Release Date: October 18, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment