Saturday, July 2, 2016

Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3) by Stephanie Perkins

I have read the two other books of Stephanie Perkins and I love them. This is the third and last one of the Anna and the French Kiss seriesThough the characters in the three books know each other, each book can be read on each own. You can read it in any order. I read Lola and the Boy Next Door first.


To know what I think of Anna and the French Kiss, click on it.


Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3) by Stephanie Perkins | A Book review by iamnotabookworm!




The story is about Isla and Josh. Josh first appeared in Anna and the French Kiss. He is St. Clair's best friend who is a very talented artist. A quiet guy who would rather draw and sketch than attend his classes at the School of America in Paris (SOAP). It is his last year in the school.

Isla is also a Senior at SOAP. She has a crush on Josh since freshman year but she never got the chance to even become friends with Josh. 

One summer in New York City, before their last year in Paris, Isla saw Josh in Kismet (means Fate) Cafe and out of impulse decided to talk to him. They have never ever seen each other in New York, though Isla knew that Josh is from the same city. They only saw each other in boarding school and barely exchange greetings with each other. 


Isla just had her wisdom tooth extracted and she was still high from the medication. And it was due to this state that she had called Josh and asked him to join her. This serendipitous meeting propelled by Isla's artificial courage would pave the way for their friendship and eventually their finally admitting their feelings for each other. As it turned out, Josh has been crushing on Isla too.


Of the three books, I think this is the most dramatic and serious. I think the other two couples stories were lighter compared to Isla and Josh's love story. This story involved a ton of issues for both Isla and Josh which intensifies it, such as Isla's insecurities and Josh's relationship problems with his parents. It is sort of the typical teenage love story but Stephanie Perkins made it appear like it isn't. I am not sure if it is Paris that made it seem different or maybe because the characters are unique in their own ways. They have their own personalities that are really endearing and I can't help but pray that they will still end up with each other at the end of the story.


I give the book 4/5 amazing Gaudi structures in Barcelona as I have immensely enjoyed it and felt kilig to the bones. Plus it has a little about New York. Yes, I am partial to anything that has New York on it. Also because, Perkins is again very consistent. All three books are all feel-good reads and I would highly recommend for everyone to read them.  





This is probably my favorite of the three. Aside from the fact that it is very well written, it also allows the readers a glimpse of the famous city of Barcelona. I was so fascinated with the structures mentioned in the book that I wanted to go to Barcelona right away and see for myself the famous works of Antoni Gaudi. If only. The book was very descriptive that it makes me feel like I was right there with Isla and Josh exploring the city under the rain. 



It is just fitting that this book concludes the series. And they happily lived ever after. I wish there could be more after this. Maybe a book on their college lives. Wishful thinking:)





No comments:

Post a Comment