Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Amy's Tea Book Tag

Amy's Tea Book Tag
This is another book tag from nerdytalks. I love tea and I prefer it black. I love green tea so much. Recently, I have come to like milk tea, specifically the one from Malaysia (Tea Tarik) though, my sister discovered a close substitute in the local supermarket.

As a tea-lover, it is just fitting to make a book tag as a salute to the two things I love most. What more could I ask for than drinking a hot green tea latte with a very good book, particularly, when the skies are dark and gloomy.


Here is a cup of freshly-brewed steaming tea.
Enjoy!

1. Double Bergamot Earl Grey - A robust, deep, intellectual and flavourful book.

It would be The Third Twin by Ken Follett. This is a book about in vitro fertilization. I read this book as part of a Reader's Digest Condensed book edition. I read it back when I was in college and this was a very advanced technology at that time. Now, a lot of people who have trouble having kids have turned to this breakthrough as an answer to their prayers.


2. Tim Horton's Steeped - A book you read on the go, that you came back to again and again.

I don't usually read books again and again because when I read books, I savour them, get lost in the pages and I don't skip, especially those that are really gripping suspense-thrillers and adventure stories. It goes the same for movies too. It's like if I read them again, I already know what will happen next so I would be already getting ahead of myself, which diminishes the fun and the anticipation. And I love books with complicated twists and plot which painstakingly goes back to some important events in history. That is why I prefer the likes of Clive Cussler, Steve Berry, Dan Brown, etc.



3. Meyer Lemon - A tangy, fast-paced read. Gone before you've fully savoured the flavour.

The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth. I think there should be a fourth book about the new Chicago where everyone is now allowed to go in and out. 



4. Chamomile Lavender - a relaxing, calming late night read

Attachments by Rainbow Lowell. It makes reading emails seem fun. Very light read.





5. Lady Grey - A smooth, subtle, classic book, perfect for a serene winter morning 

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea would be a very good book to read. Jules Verne's ability to captivate the reader and make him/her hungry for more. What more could be cozier then staying indoors, getting engrossed in this book while it's freezing and snowing outside? Go ask Captain Nemo.



6. Orange Pekoe - A popular novel that everyone's read

It would be the Harry Potter series by J. K Rowling. I don't know of anyone who hasn't read Harry Potter. He's probably the most popular character both in literature and in the movies.




7. English Breakfast - a British classic

It would be Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. They are probably the most read British authors even to this day. Who can forget Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy? Mr. Darcy has become the perfect man and every girl's dream. Who doesn't fear the ghost of Christmas past, present and future who visited Ebeneezer Scrooge? 



8. Canadian Breakfast - a title that tastes a little like English Breakfast, but read's like the New World (an early Canadian-or-American-work)

Anne of Green Gables series of L. M. Montgomery. I love the Anne of Green Gables series. It is a very light read, full of hilarious and heart-warming stories. Makes me curious about P. E. (Prince  Edward) Island.  



9. Green - A healthy book that feeds your mind.

Chicken Soup for the Soul. It not only feeds the soul but is also full of life lessons that contributes to a healthy mindset.



10. Iced - A sweet summer treat, brewed for the lazy brief days of summer.

If you are caught having to spend your summer at home instead of exploring the beaches in another country, the best way to kick the self-pity and being sorry for yourself is to read Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift. This way, you can travel to different lands without spending a penny. Yahoo!




No comments:

Post a Comment