Monday, October 9, 2017

The Downfall of Catie Bloom (Bloom Sisters #3) by Brooke Stanton | ARC | A Book Review

The Downfall of Catie Bloom (Bloom Sisters #3) by Brooke Stanton | ARC | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm!

This is the third book in the Bloom Sisters series. I have enjoyed so much the first two books and I was looking forward to reading this one. Thank you again, Brooke Stanton for the ARC.

I read back my reviews for the first two books and I was reminded of how much I enjoyed and was irritated by the lies of Catie and the naivety of Natalie. These two have gone far since they first started and now it seems that all that comes up must fall down. And so did Catie Bloom and with her Natalie and Catie's editor. She might also lose her man. What to do now Catie?

In some way, Catie knows that she will have to own up and admit that she's not the expert housewife or the master chef that she claims to be but she just doesn't know when or how. Well, someone did it for her. She was outed on live national television by a person she taught she trusted. That's show business Catie, the ruin of someone is everybody's business and happiness. How will Catie be able to redeem herself and her career? Is there hope for you Miss Bloom?

I think the greatest thing about Catie Bloom is her being resourceful and her talent in interior design. She really is good with making spaces look beautiful even if her own space is as disorganized as her life right now. It also helps that there are people who really know her talent and are willing to help her, though with a little bit of push and motivation. Real talent could not be put down and so it was with Catie. She has to use her talent for interior design to get herself back up and redeem herself. In the end, what really matters is talent and it was also the key for the world for opening up its doors again for Catie. Along with truth and honesty, Catie will rise again from the rubble and become the interior design guru that she really is. And her sister, also is getting the attention and the recognition that she deserves for her talent. Above all, the sisters both learned their lessons. I doubt they will do a repeat.

I give the book 4/5 LCD tv's. I hope this is not the end of the adventures and misadventures of the Bloom sisters. I would like to hear from them more. I think the sisters both redeemed themselves here. In my first two reviews, I was not sure if I liked Catie and in book two I wanted to give Natalie a kick. In this book, these two have slowly wormed their way into my heart. I actually felt sorry for what these two had to go through in this story, but in a way, they saw it coming. Still, no one deserved to be shamed and trolled. Whatever they did, in some way, there was a reason. It just got out of control that they didn't know anymore how to take back whatever lies they had spurted. The lesson in all these is--the truth will definitely bite you back in the ass, where it will absolutely hurt. 



I would absolutely love to see these books made into movies. It would be so amazing. Who do you think could play Catie Bloom? Ana Faris would appear to be a good candidate. I really enjoyed the movie "What's your number?". I can already imagine her face in the scene when Catie gets outed. 

People don't mind seeing others slip and fall. It makes them feel better about their own lives. Especially when that person gets back up.
- Brooke Stanton, The Downfall of Catie Bloom -  



Other Books by Brooke Stanton:
The Misadventures of Catie Bloom (Bloom Sisters #1)The Adventures of Natalie Bloom (Bloom Sisters #2)




No comments:

Post a Comment