Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Mistletoe Match (No Match for Love #4 ) by Lindzee Armstrong | A Book Review

Mistletoe Match (No Match for Love # ) by Lindzee Armstrong Book Review

I have read a few books of Lindzee Armstrong this year. I first read her Twisters and Textbooks which was part of an anthology. It was the first time I met her and I enjoyed the story. Then, I came upon one of her free books on Amazon. Later, I got signed on to her newsletter and have gotten about two more books. I also joined her Facebook group and I have been getting updates and ARCs for her new releases. I have been enjoying her works and they were so far to my liking as they were all feel-good reads. Her books could easily become hit romantic comedies or romance films if some movie executive decides to bring them to the big screen.

I think I have mentioned in my previous review that the best thing I liked about Lindzee Armstrong's stories is they are all clean romances. Her stories focus on the development of the characters and their love stories. Her titles really fit each story. At first glance, they may not seem obvious but the titles stress a significant event in the plot that starts the whole story or is the turning point in the life of the heroine. And I also like the fact that her stories are all about women. She writes about heroines and I definitely love stories that empower women.

Mistletoe Match may seem just a story fit for Christmas reading but it is not. The mistletoe may play a part in the storyline but it is not all. The story talks about family, a little on motherhood, a single parent and of course love, in quite a few different forms. Another thing I like about the story are the cute kids. I always love having smart and witty kid characters in stories. They make it more alive and fun. I like looking into kids' perspectives. Their thoughts and intentions are always pure. Their innocence can teach us a lot of lessons. They remind us of a lot of small and simple things that we adults often forget and tend to complicate. 

I give this book 4/5 mistletoes. I adored this story. The way how Michelle and Austin met was very funny and could easily happen to anyone. I also felt the awkwardness and the surprise Michelle felt when she realized who Austin was and how it would affect her convictions and the things that she fights for. This story tackled a lot of current and relevant issues like animal cruelty, family, divorce, single parenthood and how children deal with all the changes that are brought about by their parents' decisions. How kids are oftentimes forced to grow up beyond their age to keep up with the changes within the family and the dynamics between their parents. This book mirrors the stark reality and state of a few households in the world today. This book is a true example of an inspirational romance.




Thank you again, Lindzee Armstrong, for the review copy.



Other stories by Lindzee Armstrong:
Meet Your Match (No Match for Love #0.5)
Strike a Match (No Match for Love)

No comments:

Post a Comment