Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Chasing Brynn (A Tempting Novel #2) by Agela Corbett | ARC | A Book Review

Chasing Brynn by Agela Corbett Book Review
I started this blog January of this year. I had been planning to do this but never really gotten the chance to do it. There were a lot of things that got in the way which were more pressing. And I am thankfully that I am now able to do this. Reading books has always been my way of de-stressing. When real life seems to be so difficult and frustrating that it pulls me apart from different directions, books have kept me sane. Now, blogging serves as an outlet for me to sort of vent out my thoughts and feelings, especially when no one seems to care about my opinions or how I feel. At least, here I can say what I want or feel. Like thinking out loud.

Blogging is a subject in Chasing Brynn by Angela Corbett. Brynn, the main character in the story is a Psychology Major whose focus of study is sex. She wants to become a sex therapist. After hearing two girls talking about guys and body parts in a coffee shop, Brynn came up with an idea to write a blog. Not just any blog, but one giving advice on sex and all things relating to it. The blog is such a hit that people are curious and are starting to speculate as to who is behind it.

This book talks about sex and I am surprised that I was not in any way uncomfortable or scandalized at all. I think it was because it was written in a way of an advice. It felt like reading a sex advice column in a high-end magazine. It also helped that Brynn, the one giving the advice is an expert on the subject, both in academics and experience. I guess, it came out a lot like sex education in a more individualized way. A little less embarrassing compared to a lecture in a classroom or in an auditorium. The best thing is being able to ask questions and stay anonymous. 

The book also talked about finding a person who loves you for everything that you are. Not for what you can do in bed. Someone who would wanyou not for your looks but the whole you, with all your strengths and insecurities. It may seem fun to engage in meaningless sex but it is way greater if it is done out of love and with the person you trust with your heart.

I give the book 4/5 stars. 

Fear is nothing but deprivation that holds you paralyzed. No one should be chained there.
- Angela Corbett, Chasing Brynn -




Thank you again Angela Corbett for the ARC.

No comments:

Post a Comment