Friday, September 2, 2016

The Fall of Lord Drayson by Rachael Anderson | A Book Review

The Fall of Lord Drayson by Rachael Anderson Book Review
I am not really a fan of historical romances but when I read the synopsis of The Fall of Lord Drayson by Rachel Anderson, I decided I want to see and find out what the book could offer. And boy, I am glad I signed up for a free ebook for review for this. It was so worth it. I was laughing out loud on the antics of Miss Lucille Beresford. I just fell in love with her character. It felt like a more grown-up version of Anne of Green Gables. And I love Anne of Green Gables, so there is no denying this book is a keeper.

Miss Lucille Beresford is a daughter of a vicar. His father has passed. Their lives were okay in the dower house inside the estate of the Tanglewood Manor when one day, Lord Drayson, Colin Cavendish, the fifth Earl of Drayson, appeared at the Beresford's doorstep. He informed Lucy that they have two months to vacate the place because he will be selling Tanglewood. Lucy was angered at this news and how impersonal it was delivered. She thought the earl was very rude and has no heart at all. Much to Lucy's dismay or delight, the earl fell into an accident and hit his head. Lucy, out of kindness, helped him. When the earl woke up, he has no memory of who he is. Lucy, out of her hate for the earl, decided to lie and told the earl that he is her servant. And the rest of the story will make you shake your head and laugh out loud in amusement.

This is a very hilarious historical rom-com. One of the most entertaining historical romances I have ever read. I absolutely love the feisty and adorable character of Lucy. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the series. I am giving Lucy a high-five for teaching the earl a lesson. I love her wit for coming up with the idea of making the earl her servant. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision which actually worked in her favor. I think it was a very brilliant idea, though it was more motivated out of revenge. I also love that the earl is far from what Lucy thought he is. This is a very unlikely love story with a lot of laughs. I think I would read this again if I feel downcast, for this will definitely make me smile and forget about my worries, even just temporarily. For all those having a bad day, you should read this book. I am sure, Lucy and the Lord Drayson will make you feel a little better, if only for a few hours. 

I give the book four bunch of beautiful roses. In the same way that the beauty of roses and flowers can make you fall in love, this story will also make your heart melt at the antics and misadventures of Lucy. Congratulations Rachael Anderson. I am looking forward to reading more of your books. And I have a feeling, you will mostly likely end up in my favorite authors list. 




The world, was not simply truth or lies, right or wrong. There was a precarious in-between area where one could teeter back and forth, not exactly right and not exactly wrong.
- Rachael Anderson, The Fall of Lord Drayson - 

No comments:

Post a Comment