Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Tea with Emma (The Teacup Novellas #1) by Diane Moody | A Book Review

Tea with Emma (free on Kindle) is a story within a story. 

Lucy is a writer and she had been experiencing a writer's block. She can't think of anything to write. Then, her favorite and cute UPS delivery guy named Mark knocked on her door to deliver a package from her dad. To her surprise, it was the china tea cups from her favorite Aunt Lucille who just passed away. She remembered all the happy times she had spent with her aunt. Each tea cup felt like telling her each own story. Her thoughts started running and she decided she will write stories for each tea cup.

The first story is about Maddie Cooper. Maddie just came from a Jane Austen tour from England and was so inspired to start her own English tea shop in Austin,Texas. And like Jane Austen's Emma, she thinks she is a natural matchmaker. Only to find out that she isn't.


Tea with Emma (The Teacup Novellas #1) by Diane Moody Book Review

I have not read Emma by Jane Austen but because of this book I wanted to read it. Jane Austen is like every girl's favorite writer. I liked Pride and Prejudice but I just hadn't gotten to reading the rest of her works. I will try find time to do just that. I will try to sneak it in between reading contemporary writers.

I had fun in this book. A light read and makes you feel good. Aside from the fact that I love tea which is what this book is about, it gives off a really relaxing vibe. Just like drinking a hot cup of tea. It settles your nerves and it would make you feel like all is well in the world. The book is also funny. I like how Maddie is so clueless as to how other people feel about her because she's too focused on her matchmaking. 

I give the book four hot steaming cups of tea served in bone china tea cups. I really enjoyed the book and would love to read the next books in the series. This is what me and my friends would call a classic example of inspirational romance.

Thank you Diane Moody.


To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.
- Diane Moody, Tea with Emma -



No comments:

Post a Comment