Thursday, July 28, 2016

Disney Book Tag

It's been awhile since I have done a book tag. I have always been a Disney fan. My favorite character is Mickey Mouse. I don't know how or why Mickey Mouse. Maybe, because it's the first Disney character ever created and the most popular or I sub-consciously want to be as carefree as Mickey.

This book tag is taken from a book lover's playlist. This was done originally by Kat from Katytastic.

Disney Book Tag


Let's all be kids again and talk about our favorite Disney characters and movies.


1. The Little Mermaid - a character who is out of their element, a “fish out of water”



It would be Derek Franklin in Straight by Dick Francis. Derek is a steeplechase jockey who was forced to take over his deceased brother's gemstone trading business. What would a jockey know about gemstones or running a business?








2. Cinderella - a character who goes through a major transformation




I think it would be Bella of the Twilight series. Because of love she asked to be turned into a vampire and from a clumsy girl, she turned into a woman who is capable of protecting the whole coven.













3. Snow White - a book with an eclectic cast of characters



It would be the characters from Alice in Wonderland. A combination of mad, angry  and queer characters with their own colorful personalities.







4. Sleeping Beauty - a book that put you to sleep


I don't usually fall asleep when reading books. I actually lose my sleepiness, especially reading very interesting ones. I have lots of books that I put down and have not finished until now because I got bored. One of them would be the Iliad by Homer, the Dover and Thrift Edition. I bought the book in  2005 and until now I haven't gotten to finishing it. I stopped reading when I reached the part where it enumerated names. I think I should get another book by a different publisher and translator.


5. The Lion King - a character who had something traumatic happen to them in childhood


















It would be Sky of the Hopeless series by Colleen Hoover. Her experience was too traumatic that her brain decided to forget what she has been through as a coping mechanism.

6. Beauty and the Beast - A beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful


Wicked by Gregory Maguire. The book is physically massive and thick. I was afraid it would take me long to finish it but I didn't and I really enjoyed the book. I am looking forward to reading the rest of Maguire's books.













7. Aladdin - a character who gets their wish granted, for better or worse



Abdullah in And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. He got his wish to be reunited with his long-lost sister who got adopted when they were young. Only he does not remember her because he has Alzheimer's but still it was a bittersweet reunion.







8. Mulan - a character who pretends to be someone or something they are not


Daniel of the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. He is a fallen archangel. He pretended to hate and be uninterested in Luce in the beginning. 










9. Toy Story - a book with characters you wish would come to life



It would be all Dirk Pitt books by Clive Cussler. I would love to see Dirk, Al Giordino, Admiral Sandecker, Dirk's twins, Dirk's Father, Hiram Yaeger and Congressman Loren to come alive and I could call them to come to my rescue if I am in need.





10. Disney Descendants - your favorite villain or morally ambiguous character



It would be the notorious French criminal Hercule Flambeau of the Father Brown series by G. K. Chesterton who had turned his life around after Father Brown convinced him to.




All pictures are from Google except for the Clive Cussler books.

No comments:

Post a Comment